Spinach Quiche. This spinach quiche freezes beautifully for up to three months. After cooling the quiche, wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. This Spinach Quiche is easy to make and full of delicious flavor!
It's super easy to make loaded with great flavors and a healthier option for breakfast or. Spinach and cheese Quiche - this recipe so delicious and rich! Good for special occasions, parties and birth days. You can cook Spinach Quiche using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach Quiche
- It's 1 of pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- You need 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It's 1/4 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 box (10 oz.) of frozen chopped spinach, thawed.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded sharp cheddar.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
Instad of gruyere cheese you can use any. I have been making this for years - even my kids love it!! If you don't like spinach - you could substitute broccoli. This vegan spinach quiche is creamy, cheesy & delicious!
Spinach Quiche step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lay out the pie crust over a 9" pie dish. Tuck it into the bottom gently and use a sharp knife to trim any overhang, if necessary. Then crimp the edges and use a fork to poke some holes across the bottom. Then you'll want to pre-bake the crust. Grab a square of parchment paper and place it into the pie crust. Add either some pie weights or dried beans and bake for 8 minutes..
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over med-low heat. Once it's melted and hot, add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent. Then stir in the garlic and cook another minute or two, until fragrant. Then remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside to cool slightly. While waiting for that to cool, whisk together the eggs, milk and seasoning in a large bowl and set it aside..
- Place the thawed spinach into a colander and squeeze out as much water from it as you can. Once the crust is done pre-baking, remove it from the oven and remove the weights/dried beans. Spread the spinach out over the bottom of the warm crust, then spread the onion and garlic mixture over the spinach. Sprinkle all the cheeses over that. Then pour the egg mixture over the top of everything..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. It's done when the top is golden brown and the center is no longer jiggly. Check on it at the 25 minute or so mark and place on a pie shield, if the crust is browning too quickly. Once its done, let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days..
A delicious quiche is one of my all-time favorite breakfast or brunch foods when I want something savory. Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cancel reply. › Spinach and Artichoke Quiche. This spinach quiche gives me the feels for a multitude of reasons. It's one of the first recipes I But this quiche endures as a staple because it has such greatness going on: it's so loaded with spinach. You may have tried my chicken quiche recipe a few weeks ago, it's the same basic quiche recipe which is so versatile, you can swap just about anything except the milk and eggs.