Dairy-Free Crème Brûlée.
You can cook Dairy-Free Crème Brûlée using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dairy-Free Crème Brûlée
- It's 500 ml of Orley Whip.
- You need 10 ml of Vanilla Essence.
- It's 6 of egg Yolks, room temperature.
- It's 90 ml of White sugar.
- Prepare 90 ml of Caster sugar.
Dairy-Free Crème Brûlée instructions
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Place 6 - one cup (240 ml) Crème Brûlée dishes or ramekins in a roasting pan..
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the cream and the vanilla essence to the scalding point (the cream just begins to bubble around the edges).
- Meanwhile in a heatproof bowl beat the egg yolks and white sugar until thick and pale..
- Gradually pour the scalding cream into the egg yolk mixture, making sure you keep whisking constantly so the eggs don't curdle..
- Prepare a water bath (bain marie) by carefully pouring enough hot or boiling water so that the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes (baking time can vary depending on size of ramekins and temperature of water) or just until the custards are set (a slight wobble is okay)..
- Immediately remove the custards from the water bath and cool to room temperature, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until cold and firm..
- To serve, remove the custards from the refrigerator. Sprinkle an even, not too thick, layer (about 15ml) of caster sugar over the custards. Using a hand held kitchen torch, or under a very hot preheated broiler, caramelize the sugar until it is golden brown and bubbly. Let sit a few minutes so the sugar can harden then serve..