Maria's Not so Sweet Baklava. Stamatis Kraounakis has written new hit for the legendary greek bouzouki singer, Godess "Madam" MIRIAM APLOU. The title is "The baklava sweet song" Greek. Baklava - Traditional Sweet Desert Stock Photography.
They are all preparing in celebration for the return of Nick Papadopoulos - who Baklava is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo pastry. It's usually filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey. Sweet Baklavas and strong Arabic tea. You can cook Maria's Not so Sweet Baklava using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maria's Not so Sweet Baklava
- You need of Dough.
- It's 2 box of Phyllo Dough.
- Prepare 1 of Very Sharp Knife without serrated edges.
- You need of Filling.
- It's 2 lb of Walnuts.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- You need of Spreading between layers.
- You need 3 stick of Unsalted Sweet Melted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Cooking Brush.
- Prepare of Sugar Water Topping.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 of Whole Cloves.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Pure Vanilla.
Crunchy shredded pastry filled with an ooey gooey mixture of mozzarella and a secret ingredient that keeps the cheese from hardening even after it cools. The sultan of sweets or a sugar bomb not worth the risk of diabetes? Which is your favourite filling - and where makes the best version? In case it wasn't already obvious, the Khajiit love their moon sugar and they love it on everything.
Maria's Not so Sweet Baklava instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop up walnuts really fine add the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix together well and set aside..
- Use a 1 inch to 1.5 inch thick, flat wide baking pan at least 18"x14" if you don't have one that size you can cut sheets to fit your pan. cutting the sheets all together helps cut down prep time..
- Grease the bottom of the pan with cooking brush a light thin coating of melted butter..
- For a thin crust use four sheets on bottom of pan. For a thick crust on bottom use 8 sheets. after placing the sheets on the bottom of the pan with a cooking brush, coat the last sheet on top with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of the walnut mix to the buttered sheets..
- Add 4 sheets again and butter the last top sheet again and add again a thin layer of walnut mix. do these steps with both boxes until all sheets are used. but do not butter the very last sheet on top..
- Cutting the Baklava is easier when top is not greased..
- After cutting the Baklava use the brush to gently grease the top with the melted butter..
- Bake Baklava in middle of oven for 20 to 30 min depending on your oven. or until golden brown on top..
- While the Baklava is baking, you can make your Sugar water on the stove top..
- Add the water, sugar, cloves, and vanilla and let it boil until slightly thick. for about 20 min on medium heat stirring occasionally if not slightly thick add 5 more min to heating. if needed a larger amount of Sugar water just use double the ingredients..
- When Baklava is done pour sugar water with spoon into cracks of the cut lines to evenly coat baklava while its still hot. both baklava and sugar water need to be hot for this process. but not boiling hot, 1.5 cups worth of cooked sugar water should be good for a whole pan. but if you like it slightly moist use 2 cups of cooked sugar water..
You can wander through Elsweyr and When this is finished, cut the baklava into even, bite-sized squares or rectangles while still on the tray. This is so it's easy to remove the pieces without. Baklava Baklava Baklava dessert of east countries with turkish tea East sweets. Baklava, traditional midle east sweet Turkish baklava, also well known as middle east sweets Baklava and other sweets east. Baklava is just the tip of the iceberg—on a recent trip to Istanbul, I fell in love with the country's vast range of desserts, while developing a far deeper Baklava was just as ubiquitous as I'd anticipated, though not all brands are created equal.