Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast.
You can cook Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast
- It's 2-2.5 of Lbs. Tri-tip beef roast.
- You need 2 tsp. of Salt.
- It's 2 tsp. of Black pepper, ground.
- You need 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- It's 1.5 tsp. of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Rosemary, dried/crushed.
- Prepare .25 tsp. of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare .33 C. of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare .33 C. of Vegetable/cannola oil.
- It's 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed/minced.
- You need .5 tsp. of Dijon Mustard.
Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast step by step
- Utensils needed: Air-tight container for marinating beef, one cup sealable container for vinegar mixture, spoon, 1 cup liquid measuring cup, measuring spoons, large serving platter, grill/broiler pan, optional mortar & pestle/garlic press..
- In air-tight container, mix dry ingredients (Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Paprika, Onion powder, Rosemary, and Cayenne pepper) to make spice mixture..
- Place tri-tip on serving platter and completely coat all sides with spice mixture. Return to air-tight container and refrigerate for 4 hours..
- Mix Vinegar, Oil, crushed/minced Garlic, and Mustard in a covered container. Blend/shake well. Set aside for later. Shake well before using..
- After 4 hours, remove tri-tip from refrigerator and let sit uncovered/loosely covered for 30 minutes..
- Preheat grill/broiler to high heat. Lightly oil grate/broiler pan..
- Preheat grate/broiler pan. Place tri-tip on preheated surface, shake vinegar/oil mixture, then brush/bastetri tri-tip. Baste and cook for 4 minutes before turning. Repeat until desired temperature is reached. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. If cutting, cut across the grain of meat..