Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya. Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus). There are more chickens in the world than any other bird or domesticated fowl.
Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Chicken piccata is usually made using sliced chicken breasts, but we find chicken "thigh-ccata" to be even more richly savory and flavorful. This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. You can have Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breasts; medium dice.
- You need 5 of Italian sausages; medium slices.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper; small dice.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery; small dice.
- It's 1 large of spanish onion; minced.
- You need 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic; minced.
- It's 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 bunch of scallions; medium slice.
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It's 1/2 cup of vodka.
- It's 3/4 oz of basil; chiffonade.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Emeril's Creole seasoning.
- It's 1 tbsp of thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of olive oil; as needed.
Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California From succulent roasted chicken to crispy, fried drumsticks, this lean meat is constantly being reinvented and used in hearty casseroles and standalone dishes for outstanding weeknight meals. Whether you're looking for new dinner ideas or a fun new appetizer for your next party, Betty's kitchen is home to all the must-make chicken recipes you need.
Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya instructions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, wide pot. Add chicken and sausage. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of Creole seasoning. Saute on medium-high heat on all sides until chicken is 90% done. Remove chicken and sausage from pot..
- Add a pinch of vegetable oil. Add celery, onion, and bell pepper. Season with dried spices, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sweat on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic. Sweat until garlic is fragrant..
- Add vodka. CAUTION. The vodka may flame up. Don't do this over a closed stove, or one with a hood above it. Don't freak out. Don't throw water on it!!.
- Reduce vodka by 1/2. Add chicken stock, bay leaves, chicken, and sausage. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Cook approximately 15-20 minutes or until rice has absorbed the liquid and meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove bay leaves..
- Fold in scallions and basil. Sprinkle scallions and basil on top..
- * Fry the bay leaves and serve to a guest you don't like for a good laugh!.
- Variations: Fresh oregano, fresno peppers, habaneros, parsley, parmesan, shallots, eggplant, sweet potatoes, crawfish, shrimp, lobster, zucchini, squash, mustard.
Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce. The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets.