Churros. Easy churros recipe with hot chocolate dipping sauce. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect churros. Printable Version. "These Mexican fritters are very common at fairs.
A churro is a fried-dough pastry—predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are traditional in Spain and Portugal, where they originated, as well as in the Philippines and Ibero-America. They are also consumed around the world, especially in the Southwestern United States, France. You can have Churros using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Churros
- You need 1 Cup of Water.
- It's 1 Cup of Flour.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Pinches of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's of Toppings:.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- It's of Extra sugar.
The Mexican version of a quick fried cake, churros are incredible tasty treats that couldn't be easier to make. Whether you want to craft them from scratch or are looking for a quicker fix. I have loved churros ever since I was a little girl wandering the streets of Tijuana. Homemade Churros are made with simple, pantry-staple ingredients and fried to golden perfection, these are easy to make at home!
- Start off by boiling Water, Butter Sugar..
- When it starts to boil, add flour and salt. (Pictures not too clear because I was struggling to pour and take a picture at the same time!).
- Mix well until dough is formed.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool I placed mine into a glass bowl.
- Preheat your oil on medium.
- Now add eggs into your dough but make sure dough is not too hot as eggs may scramble this stage is the hardest as it may go super clumpy but keep going also I find adding water helps!.
- Now place mixture into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
- Squeeze mixture into oil and cut off with scissors and take out when golden (forgot to take a picture!).
- Lastly I took some sugar and cinnamon and mixed them together with the ratio 2:1 -2 Tbsp sugar 1 Tbsp Cinnamon-.
- Sprinkle it over churros and voila!.
Homemade Churros are a classic favorite fried food! From Authentic Loop Churros to OREO Churros, you'll want. Churros are kind of the Spanish version of donuts. Taco Bell ripped them off with their Cinnamon Twists. The original Spanish churros were made with just flour and water (maybe some oil) dough.