Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken. How to Make Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Season the chicken breasts with salt and place in crock pot. Add remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well. This Crock Pot BBQ Chicken has come in handy a lot this week while I've been oven-less, but it's actually been my go-to dinner Until then I'm sharing this well-tested and well-loved pulled chicken recipe, It tastes great on a fresh roll but I also enjoy eating it by the forkful out of a bowl, no roll required.
You can serve up this chicken as whole chicken breasts topped with this. How to make the perfect BBQ pulled chicken! I love this for my tacos but you can eat on buns for sandwich, on any salad, with chips, etc. You can have Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 3 lbs of bone in chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt to taste (i use lawrys).
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion (medium dice).
- Prepare 1 of medium green bell pepper (medium dice).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 cup of honey mustard bbq sauce (i use sweet baby rays).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bottled italian salad dressing (i use kraft zesty).
- It's 1/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of red hot sauce (i use franks).
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It's 1 of favorite hamburger buns (toasted).
Make healthy crock pot BBQ pulled chicken with this simple stir & dump slow-cooke. All crock pots cook at different times and temperatures. Some readers suggest to only cook the About my story and this Honey Garlic Chicken in Crock Pot: This one time at dinner, I had a HOT date at Then pulled the chicken out and thickened the sauce with some flour. This recipe for honey mustard chicken has a great combination of sweet, savory and tangy This honey mustard chicken recipe is so moist and tender.
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken step by step
- Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt. Place skin down in crock pot..
- Mix the remaining 10 ingredients together until well combined. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Cook chicken on high for approximately 2.5 -3 hours or until temperature reaches 165°F internally. When done remove chicken and allow to cool some..
- When cool enough to touch, shred chicken into bite size pieces. I simply use my hands to do this. Add shredded chicken back in the crock pot and cook on low heat for one hour. If you want a thicker sauce, a cornstarch slurry will thicken it more..
- We usually serve this burger style, but over rice is also good. You can use any cut of chicken you like. Chicken thighs are a great choice for this recipe and can stand up to longer cooking times. Boneless skinless chicken breast are not a very good choice for this recipe. They cook really fast. If they are over cooked, the best you can do is just cut them into bite size pieces. So be sure to adjust your cooking time to much less. Enjoy..
You can keep it whole and cut the Or you can shred it with two forks and make a "pulled chicken" for sandwiches, sliders, tacos or quesadillas. How to make super easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken. I returned it immediately after pulling the chicken out and bought a different. Trying a pot roast today in the new Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken I can put this over a salad or over a bed of veggies and I can save some. This bbq pulled chicken meat may be made in the oven, slow cooker or instant pot.