Vegetarian breakfast tacos with pico de gallo.
You can cook Vegetarian breakfast tacos with pico de gallo using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian breakfast tacos with pico de gallo
- Prepare of Flour tortillas (purchase pre-made in Otomi in Clifton Village).
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes.
- It's 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro (cut into small pieces).
- Prepare of Juice of 2 limes, grated lime skin for added lime flavor.
- Prepare 3 stalks of spring onions.
- You need 1 of jalapeno (include seeds for more heat, could use 3 jalapenos as desired).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
Vegetarian breakfast tacos with pico de gallo step by step
- First, cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste, mix together. Spread out on non-stick baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 mins at 200C (fan on). After 10 mins, turn the potatoes, bake for 10 more mins. Check if done, to get the browning effect seen in the picture, we baked 10 mins more for a total of 30 mins. It is important to turn after 10 mins otherwise they would not cook evenly. After they are done, place in a serving bowl..
- Make the pico de gallo. Combine diced tomatoes (leave out the watery inside), spring onions, diced jalapenos, lime juice, grated lime skin. Add cilantro leaves, stir evenly. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Make the eggs. Crack eggs into a large bowl, add salt and pepper as desired. Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Scramble the eggs until firm. Place in a serving bowl..
- Warm up tortillas either individually on a frying pan for 2 mins on low heat or in the oven (wrap them in aluminium foil). Once warm, assemble taco: put scrambled eggs and potatoes on taco, add pico de gallo, sprinkle with additional cilantro leaves if desired. If desired, add hot sauce such as Cholula. Although this recipe is vegetarian, the tacos are also very good with the additions of bacon bits, fried chorizo, etc..