Red velvet cake trifle. Love this festive, layered trifle as a Christmas dessert. Assemble the trifle: In the bottom of your trifle dish, arrange a single layer of red velvet cake chunks. I did this Red Velvet Trifle recipe "on the fly" so wasn't sure how much or which pudding I'd use until I got into it.
Andra Chisholm, Daytona State College's head baker, shows you how. Prepare red velvet cake mix batter according to package instructions and pour into one or two round baking pans roughly the same circumference as trifle dish. A red velvet trifle makes a great-looking and delicious dessert for dinner parties. You can cook Red velvet cake trifle using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake trifle
- It's of Store bought red velvet cake.
- It's of Full cream 500g x 4.
- Prepare 250 g of Mascrpone cheese.
- Prepare of Vanilla essense.
- Prepare 250 g of choc chips.
- You need 250 g of Sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need of berries of your choice (optional).
A mixture of berries works wonderfully well with the chocolate flavor of the red velvet cake. Use what you have: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. With the simple red velvet cake used for this trifle and the fresh fruit - we've got both easy and beautiful covered. After all, fruit is really nature's gift to us First you've got the red velvet cake.
Red velvet cake trifle step by step
- Pour one 500g full cream tub into the pot and place on the stove, keep staring until it is hot..
- Take 250g of choc chips and pour it in a heat proof dish and pour the hot cream over..
- Leave it for five minutes and then wheep the mixture until smooth to create a chocolate sauce..
- Leave to stand until it is completely cold..
- Then cut your red velvet cake into reasonable cubes and set aside.
- Take all three 500g full cream tubs and pour it into a wheeping dish or machine, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence pinch of salt, mascarpone cheese and start wheeping the cream slowely..
- Once cream takes form gradually add sugar and continue to wheep until cream is completely thick. It depends how thick you want it to be..
- Once the chocolate sauce is cool start assembling your trifle by pouring the sauce into your trifle dish, followed by red velvet cake cubes, then berries of your choice or none then your wheeped cream. Repeat these steps to form colourful layers and decorate the top with berries or red velvet crumbs. Refrigerate to set the cream..
- Merry Christmas 🎅, enjoy!.
I used my lovely Red Velvet Layer Cake. The method for putting the cake batter together is nice and quick. Red velvet trifle is a delicious dessert cake and pudding trifle that's great to feed a crowd. Using a spatula, gently fold in whipped cream. Moist red velvet cake cubes layered with pudding and topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings served in a cute glass.