You can cook Turkey Bolognese using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Bolognese
- You need 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, finely chopped.
- It's 1 lb of shredded cooked turkey (preferably dark meat).
- It's 3 cup of marinara sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1 of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1 lb of spaghetti.
- It's 1 of Freshly grated Parmesan.
Turkey Bolognese instructions
- Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Add the carrot and celery and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and saute 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend, stirring often..
- Stir in the basil. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. (The sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Cool the sauce completely, then transfer it to a container and freeze for future use. Bring the sauce to a simmer before using.).
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add pasta to sauce and add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten as needed..