Curry Satay Chicken Skewer. Chicken Satay Curry - this is how you get your satay fix! As far as I know, Chicken Satay in this curry-like form is not authentic Asian. But I love making it this way because it's so much more satisfying to eat (compared to tiny little skewers!) and so much easier.
They are best served with Peanut sauce, sliced cucumber and cut onions. Skewer the marinated chicken onto bamboo skewers, then arrange the skewers so their ends rest on the edges of the baking tray, allowing the chicken to be suspended. Chicken skewers are all too often dry and and flavorless, but a sweet and pungent marinade ensures this chicken satay is anything but. You can cook Curry Satay Chicken Skewer using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry Satay Chicken Skewer
- You need 2 of chicken breasts (250g).
- It's 1 of yellow onion (grated).
- It's 3 of pegs of garlic (grated).
- It's 2 inches of ginger (grated).
- It's 2 oz of coconut cream.
- It's 1 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 8 of grains of allspice/pimiento (cracked).
- Prepare 2 sprigs of fresh mint, torn and bruised.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
The sweet, pungent marinade for these chicken satays includes fish sauce, lemongrass, sugar, lime, and turmeric, which. How To Make Grilled Thai Curry Chicken skewers. Once the chicken has marinated, thread the chunks onto skewers. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Curry Satay Chicken Skewer instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, and skewer them. There should be about 3 full 6" skewers per breast..
- Stir all of the remaining ingredients (besides the oil) in a dish..
- Marinate the chicken for about 4 hours, longer if you would like..
- Cook in an oiled grill pan over medium low heat until nicely cooked on all sides..
- Scrape the pan to get all of the delicious charred bits out..
- Enjoy with buttery spinach and rice!.
The marinated chicken satay skewers are served with a satay curry sauce made with peanut butter, garlic, honey and ginger. So this week a new taste on the table, Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce. Oh hello Friday night takeaway replacement! Perfectly grilled chicken satay skewers in the most flavorful marinade. These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather.