Red Velvet Cake Recipe. This is the BEST Red Velvet Cake recipe, and with my tips, it is so easy to make. This classic red velvet layer cake is made tender with buttermilk. It's topped with a fluffy cooked white icing.
This red velvet cake is based off of the recipe for The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake so there are some similarities, but there are also several key differences that gives Red Velvet Oh this red velvet cake recipe is just so woow! My family really enjoyed it amidst lockdown holidays. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of the US, and for a good reason - it's so festive and delicious. You can cook Red Velvet Cake Recipe using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cups of sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red colour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 2 cup of sifted cake flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to all-purpose flour in my recipe, so that. Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Place the pans in the oven evenly spaced apart. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pans, and a toothpick.
Red Velvet Cake Recipe step by step
- Cream the butter and the sugar together, add the eggs and keep beating. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Mix the cocoa, the red colour and the water and add to the egg sugar mixture. Sift the flour and the 1 teaspoons of baking powder. Add the flour and the buttermilk slowly into the other ingredients, alternating..
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Blend very gently into batter. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 inch cake pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. • 1 stick of butter • 8 ounces of cream cheese (don’t use low or not fat versions in this recipe) • 2 cups confectionery sugar • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Frost the cake top and sides with the remaining frosting. You can decorate the cake with crushed pecans, coconut or red jimmies. This is one cake that you are going to want to serve on your best cake plate. Present it to your family and guests as the magnific.
- Place the butter and the cream cheese in a large bowl. Using your electric mixer, beat until smooth. Place one half of the cake top down and spread with 1/4 of the frosting. Place the other half of the cake on top of the first half, top up..
This red velvet cake recipe is what a REAL red velvet cake should taste like! Topped with cream cheese frosting, I finally figured out why people LOVE a A real red velvet cake recipe is made with buttermilk, vinegar and a tiny bit of cocoa powder. These ingredients result in a very tangy cake with a. Everyone should have a good red velvet cake recipe in their back pocket—and this is it. It has a decadent chocolate flavor and the creamiest cream cheese frosting.