Shredded Chicken Sandwiches.
You can cook Shredded Chicken Sandwiches using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dr. Pepper soda.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded & diced.
- It's 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 8 slice of white cheddar or pepper jack.
- You need 8 of soft egg buns.
- You need 1 of Pickle slices & red onion.
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Season chicken w/oregano & cumin, place in slow cooker..
- Combine soda, tomato sauce & chipotles. Pour over chicken, cover & cook on high for 6 hrs or low for 8.
- Heat oven to 350° & remove chicken from cooker. Pour liquid into saucepan. Combine sugar, cornstarch & salt & add to pan w/vinegar. Bring to boil..
- Reduce heat to thicken for 3 minutes..
- Shred chicken & combine w/sauce. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes..
- Melt cheese on rolls in oven. Add chicken. Garnish w/pickle & red onion..